Berlin for groups
We book groups of 10 persons and over for your hotel
Group tourism plays a key role in the hotel industry. visitBerlin offers a group module to automate the entire group booking process – more details below.
All group travel enquiries come through the booking platform.
The objective is to provide a fast, customised booking tailored to the needs of each individual customer.
The request is directed to selected hotels that match the specified requirements and services.
Depending on the request, you will then be asked to provide details on contingents and prices for each specific enquiry.
Group enquiry process
- 1. You receive a link for a particular group booking request and have 36 hours to respond.
- 2. You then receive an email telling you if the customer has decided to take your offer or not.
- 3. When the booking is made, you receive a confirmation.
• Group bookings are concluded as an intermediary service and are subject to visitBerlin’s Agency and Contractual Conditions. In the text box in the request interface, you can enter your own booking, cancellation and payment terms. This information is then sent to the customer with your offer.
• City Tax (Occupancy Tax): The prices you list in your offer are exclusive of the Berlin City Tax. You then subsequently charge the City Tax on the hotel invoice as necessary, providing the group staying is not a business or commercial group. Guests are informed about this process.
• Option: The option deadline is set by the booking system based on the date of the request and the time frame for the booking. Short-term bookings with arrival dates within the next four months have a seven-day option period, with 14 days for requests with a longer time frame. By submitting an offer, you are agreeing to this option.
Our Service Center sends the offer to the customer, which may then lead to a definite booking. You will receive a booking confirmation by fax as usual. We will also let you know if the customer is not interested in the offer.
Interested in this free service for our partner hotels?
Just contact us: hotel-partner-service@visitBerlin.de.
More on Berlin for travel groups here.