Are you a bike-friendly partner hotel?
Berlin is an exciting destination for all tourists, but especially for those on a bike! Cycle tourists are drawn to Berlin by its steadily growing network of attractive cycle paths, the many bike hire locations, and the guided bike tours across the city.
Service standards have also been drafted to ensure the target group of guests travelling by bike receive the hotel services they need.
Take part in our survey – and join our working group to promote cycling tourism.
2. A suggested bike tour in your neighbourhood with insider tips
Send us your completed survey form together with the following information as bullet points:
• 10-15 stops on a bike tour in your neighbourhood (e.g. as a round tour)
• 1-5 insider tips, e.g. for breaks (cafés, restaurants, markets, parks, etc.)
• Route length and duration with the degree of difficulty (e.g. ‘suitable for families’)
Based on the details you provide, visitBerlin will have a copywriter draft your suggested tour at our own cost, adding photos and a map. This process does not entail any obligation, either on your part or the part of visitBerlin, to conduct accompanied bike tours through a local neighbourhood.
We will make your suggested bike tour available as an article on visitBerlin.de, and additionally provide you with the tour as a PDF file to pass on to your guests. visitBerlin ensures that the text of the suggested tour as used and the images and maps are free from third-party rights.
3. Bike-friendly service
• Guests with bicycles are welcome, even just for one night
• Secure overnight cycle storage, free of charge (if possible with ground level access and lockable, e.g. garage)
• Drying area for clothing and equipment (e.g. drying room, laundry room, etc.)
• Breakfast rich in vitamins and carbohydrates or cooking facilities available
• Regional cycling maps available (e.g. Berlin Wall Cycle Route, etc.)
• Information on guided tours
• Basic bike repair kit available for minor repairs and maintenance
• Details of the nearest bike shop for more major repairs
• Advice for guests on eco-friendly travel to and from Berlin by public transport (especially with bike transport)