ITB 2023: Visit the World of Berlin
- Berlin presents cultural and ecological offers for the first time at Messe Berlin’s multi-purpose venue Hub27
- visitBerlin is part of the convention programme and host for the medical tourism network
Berlin, 6 March 2023The capital region is back at the International Travel Trade Show in Berlin – the ITB Berlin – where it will be touting for international travel operators. Berlin, Brandenburg and Berlin Brandenburg Airport will be presenting their own tourism-related topics and highlights for the first time in Messe Berlin’s Hub27 at the world’s leading travel trade show. At the Berlin-Brandenburg booth from 7 to 9 March, trade visitors of the ITB will experience Germany’s most exciting city and the surrounding area – a holiday region that unites nature, culture, and urban living like no other.
Burkhard Kieker, visitBerlin CEO: “The ITB is the most important marketplace in the travel industry for visitBerlin. ‘Visit the World of Berlin!’ is the German capital’s slogan. It’s essential for Berlin’s trade show industry that the ITB can be held live once more after a three-year hiatus due to the coronavirus.”
A sustainable showing at the trade show
In 2022, Berlin once again ranked fifth among major global cities in the Global Destination Sustainability Index. visitBerlin is doing everything to ensure that Berlin’s visitor economy is prepared for the future, while also making a small contribution at the trade shows it attends: At the ITB, visitBerlin and TMB Tourismus-Marketing Brandenburg GmbH will be following the Sustainable Event Guidelines and implementing targeted measures, such as partnering with a certified sustainable caterer, using a scan app to curb the number of business cards, and using rented furniture (key phrase: circular economy). You can learn more about visiting Berlin in a sustainable manner at visitberlin.de/en/sustainable-berlin.
Berlin is the most popular city destination in Germany, a major draw for international visitors, and a leading competitor at the global level. You can find the latest report on the city’s tourism here.
Information on Reiseland Brandenburg: brandenburg-tourism.com.
Information on the urban destination Berlin: visitberlin.de/en.
Information on Airport Berlin Brandenburg: ber.berlin-airport.de
- 7 March, 9:40Mayor of Berlin Franziska Giffey at the Berlin booth for the official opening tour (Hub27)
- 9 March, 10-12Booth visit by Stephan Schwarz, Senator for Economy, Energy and Enterprise of Berlin, and Michael Biel, State Secretary for Economics (Hub27) The world’s largest to
- The world’s largest tourism trade show will focus on B2B networking in the tourism industry. visitBerlin will be represented by speakers at the ITB Congress and panel discussions.
- 8 March, 11:30 Ralf Ostendorf (Director Market Management, visitBerlin) on 10 years of pink pillow Berlin Collection (Hall 4.1 LGBTQ+ Tourism Pavilion Stage)
- 9 March, 9:00 “German Network – Health Tourism Destinations”, hosted by visitBerlin (hub27), www.berlin-health-excellence.com
- 9 March, 11:00 Marco Oelschlegel (CMP & Director Conventions, visitBerlin): “Adapt to Thrive: The Latest Trends and Branding Strategies in the MICE Market.” (Hall 3.1 Green Stage)
- 9 March, 12:50 Ralf Ostendorf (Director Market Management, visitBerlin): Outlook of Chinese Tourism Market 2023 (Hall 7.1b Blue Stage)
- 9 March, 16:40 Frank Heise (Deputy Head of Digital & IT, visitBerlin): Is your destination data driven? Explore A.I. and data’s role in Destination Management and in defining the ideal traveler (Hall
visitBerlin will be represented with the following local partners and hotels at Hub27:
Over 30 partners working with tourism in Berlin will be presented across about 300 square metres
Present for all three days:
Stiftung Humboldt Forum im Berliner Schloss
Living Hotels Berlin
Park Inn by Radisson Berlin Alexanderplatz
TakeTaxi Berlin UG
Present on individual days:
Bermark Incoming GmbH
Gärten der Welt
Myrate – Regionales Raten Management
Berlin Health Excellence
Johannesstift Diakonie Healthcare
Medical Park Berlin Humboldtmühle
Member hotels of visitBerlin Partnerhotels e.V. are each present on one day:
Air in Berlin-Hotel
25hours Hotel Bikini Berlin
aletto Hotels / aletto Kudamm GmbH
Weinmeister Hotel Berlin-Mitte & LUX11 Berlin-Mitte
Classik Hotel Alexander Plaza
Crowne Plaza Hotel Berlin City Centre Ku`Damm
enjoy hotel & hostel Berlin City West
Hotel am Steinplatz - Autograph Collection
Hotel de Rome, a Rocco Forte Hotel
KPM Hotel & Residences
NH Hotel Group
SO/ Berlin Das Stue
The Circus GbR (Hostel/ Hotel/ Apartments/ Living)
visitBerlin‘s marketing partners:
Stiftung Topographie des Terrors together with the Dokumentationszentrum NS Zwangsarbeit
Brandenburg is represented with the following partners:
TMU TOURISMUS MARKETING UCKERMARK GMBH
Potsdam Marketing und Service GmbH
Tourismusverband Ruppiner Seenland e.V.
bestfewo.de - BestSearch Media GmbH