Live events in Berlin this autumn as the congress sector restarts
- Berlin’s congress and fairs sector gathers pace
- Live and hybrid events on logistics, cybersecurity and the circular economy
- visitBerlin invites the congress and travel trade industry to Berlin for the Bestival on 4 November
Berlin, 25 October 2021 The fairs and congress business is gradually starting to gather pace in Berlin. After the strict restrictions due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the coming weeks again see growing numbers of fairs and congresses held solely as live events or offered additionally as hybrid events in virtual space.
The highlights from October to December include these congresses and trade fairs:
· The World Health Summit from 24 –26 October welcomes around 6000 international health experts on site at the Kosmos Berlin and digitally.
· The DKOU (German Congress of Orthopaedics and Traumatology), one of the largest congresses in the city, is convening at Messe Berlin on Tuesday 26 and Wednesday 27 October.
· On 2 and 3 November, the 19th European Airline Training Symposium, Europe’s leading airline training event, expects to welcome over 900 national and international participants at the Estrel Berlin.
· From 6 – 7 November, Veggie World Berlin at Station Berlin is presenting a colourful diversity of foods and non-foods for a vegan lifestyle.
· The Cybersecurity Leadership Summit 2021 from 9 – 11 November brings together global IT security experts in a live and hybrid event at the Humboldt Carré to discuss all aspects of the cybersecurity profession.
· The 8th German Driving Instructor Congress on 11 and 12 November welcomes participants for this on-site event at the Estrel Berlin.
· On 15 and 16 November, over 500 on-site attendees at the Estrel Berlin and around 1000 digital participants are expected to take part in the 2nd Future Battery Forum 2021.
· r:economy is a new conference format dedicated to the topic of the circular economy. On 16 November, entrepreneurs and decision makers are taking part in a live and hybrid event in the Motorwerk location to explore and exchange views on this prominent issue in sustainability.
· On 20 and 21 November, Arena Berlin is hosting the BuchBerlin 2021, the seventh Berlin Book Fair, with over 300 publishers from across Germany presenting their current catalogues to the public.
· Organised by the largest medical association for mental health in Germany, the DGPPN Congress from 24 – 27 November at the CityCube Berlin is a live event with options for digital attendees.
· What does the future of events look like? The Future of Festivals on 26 and 27 November invites representatives of this industry, both live at Arena Berlin and digitally, to discuss what the future holds for the event sector.
· The GBTA Conference 2021 is taking place as a live event from 6 – 8 December at the Estrel Berlin. At this year’s conference, the Global Business Travel Association (GBTA) is cooperating with the German Business Travel Association (VDR) to bring together business travel professionals to debate and exchange views.
In the light of the ongoing spread of COVID-19, changes may be necessary at short notice. The event organisers have drafted comprehensive health and safety protocols and posted details of them on their websites.
The Berlin Convention Office of visitBerlin’s congress and trade fair calendar also lists more events.
Bestival: visitBerlin invites international travel trade and event experts to Berlin
On 4 November, together with visitBerlin’s Market Management and partners in the city’s event industry, the Berlin Convention Office is inviting German and international guests from the MICE sectors as well as representatives of the travel industry from Germany, the UK and the BeNeLux countries to this live event in Berlin. The Bestival programme includes, among other things, tours of Berlin themed on the topics of “tourism”, “MICE“ and “innovations”. Guests can also look forward to an extensive stage programme in Berlin’s Motorwerk location. In their keynotes, experts share their knowledge from the areas of digitalising, sustainability, and tourism. More details on www.bestival.berlin.