Berlin for Families
Are you a family-friendly partner hotel?
Since 2013, visitBerlin and the Partnerhotels association have increasingly focused on strengthening activities to promote Berlin as a family-friendly city. The dedicated website for family-friendly hotels at familie.visitBerlin.de was created as part of this process. The website not only offers advice on Berlin’s highlights for families with children, but also showcases visitBerlin’s family-friendly partner hotels.
The Families working group convened by the Berlin Partnerhotels association has drafted unified service standards for family-friendly hotels. Every partner hotel has to meet these standards to be classified as ‘family friendly’.
At least two children can sleep in the room of the accompanying adult(s)* for free and without a surcharge for an additional bed or in a room with a connecting door (applies to children at least until the age of nine). The free overnight stay also includes breakfast for the children (providing the accompanying adult(s) have breakfast as well).
*Accompany person(s) = parents/1 parent/ grandparents/ 1 grandparent / aunt and /or uncle
Under the motto ‘we have space for children’, the hotels offer a play area with activities for children of different ages (in particular for under-nines).
3. Child-friendly service / furnishings
• Ways of warming up baby food
• Child-friendly bathroom: non-slip stool, children’s toilet seat, baby bath
• High chair
• Information pack with details and addresses for paediatricians, paediatric clinics, pharmacies, playgrounds and leisure activities in the vicinity
• Packed lunch on departure
• Extra: For bookings through visitBerlin, each child on the booking will receive a small gift from visitBerlin