Q BERLIN 2022: The New Unknown – Navigating Zeitenwende
- Berlin’s official metropolitan conference on 15 & 16 September at the ICC Berlin
- Opening speeches by Governing Mayor of Berlin Franziska Giffey and Mayor of Paris, Anne Hidalgo
Berlin, 29 August 2022 – This year’s Q BERLIN conference focuses on our current moment of Zeitenwende, a period of global unknowns. Never before have we been confronted with as many questions as we face today. What are the consequences of the war in Ukraine for the world order? How can we structure societies and democracies to be more sustainable and resilient? What role can cities like Berlin play in overcoming current global crises?
Mayors of international cities and speakers from politics, economics and science will discuss these urgent questions during Q BERLIN on 15 and 16 September.
SELECTED SPEAKER 2022
- Swjatlana Zichanouskaja,leader of the Belarusian democratic movement – on stolen votes and democracy
- Prof. Maren Urner, neuroscientist and professor of media psychology – on sustainability as a last resort
- Düzen Tekkal, war reporter, filmmaker, journalist and founder of Háwar.Help e.V. – on solidarity, an effective transition and agents of change, between Berlin Hellersdorf and Baghdad
- Prof. Dr. Christian Stöcker, journalist and cognitive psychologist – on climate change and other exponentially growing crises and change mechanisms
- Marietta Slomka, journalist and television anchor for ZDF heute Journal – on fake news and propaganda
- Frank Sieren, journalist, expert on Chinese politics and economy – on China’s rise as a world power and the end of the Western-centric worldview
- Sevgil Musaieva, Editor-in-Chief for Ukrayinska Pravda – on the importance of journalism during war
- Magid Magid, Founder and Director of Union of Justice, former representative of the European Parliament and former Lord Mayor of Sheffield – on migration and systemic change
- Parag Khanna, Founder and Managing Partner of FutureMap – on demographic developments, the transformation of cities and challenges of adaptation
- Prof. Francesca Bria, innovation economist and Europe’s leading expert for digital politics – on the challenges of global metropolises
Tickets, as well as the complete conference programme list of speakers can be found at https://q.berlin/.
ABOUT THE ICC BERLIN
The Internationales Congress Centrum (ICC) Berlin was designed by architects Ralf Schüler and Ursulina Schüler-Witte and completed in 1979. Once Europe’s largest conference centre, it became a symbol for a metropolitan, futuristic Berlin. After the building closed in 2014, it faced the threat of demolition before being listed as a historic monument in 2019.
ABOUT Q BERLIN
Q BERLIN has been curated and organized by visitBerlin since 2017. It is co-funded by the Senate Chancellery of Berlin and hosted by Berlin's Governing Mayor, Franziska Giffey. The conference is open to a broad audience and welcomes all stakeholders who seek to shape the future. Q BERLIN will take place in a hybrid format, allowing participants to follow the debates live in Berlin and also online.
PRESS KIT & DOWNLOADS Q BERLIN:
We would be delighted to welcome you to Q BERLIN 2022. For press accreditation, please send your full name, your email address and your media affiliation to email@example.com.