Quick getaway: stay in Berlin's exceptional hotels
- Hotel bookings soaring - Berlin's city break peak season hits the ground running
- Spend a night as if you were in a spaceship or in a former prison, enjoy designer hotels and co-living: Guests to Berlin have the opportunity to discover hotels featuring their own unique concepts
Berlin, 2 May 2023 The weekend before 1st May marks the continued peak travel season for Berlin tourism - following a solid start at Easter. Berlin hoteliers are reporting good to very good occupancy rates for the upcoming holidays in May.
"Berlin has a range of accommodation offers with unusual concepts for its guests," says visitBerlinManaging Director Burkhard Kieker.
Currently, visitBerlin anticipates an overall hotel occupancy rate of about 80 percent for May (last year the rate was 75 percent). Berlin's museums, events, attractions and restaurants are also reaping the benefits of the favourable booking situation, especially over the long weekends.
New and exceptional highlights in Berlin's hotel market
There are many different types of hotels in Berlin: modern and sustainable, small, fine boutique hotels along with established hotel brands and luxury hotels, and hotels with or without a reception desk, with a fish restaurant or a star chef: Berlin's accommodation offering is growing each year in terms of its individuality. Here are some of the highlights at a glance:
- Space Night capsule hotel: a night as if you were in outer space, albeit in the middle of Berlin. The guests here spend the night in a futuristic sleeping capsule. spacenight.berlin
- Hotel Honigmond: Located in Berlin's Mitte district, this is a private, elegant, exclusive boutique hotel.honigmond.de
- Lulu Guldsmeden: The concept of this Danish hygge hotel is based on sustainability and is located in a renovated old building in the trendy Potsdamer Strasse. guldsmedenhotels.com/berlin
- Telegraphenamt: This here is a new hotspot for "locals and globals" in Berlin's former main telegraph office, located directly on Museum Island. telegraphenamt.com
- Hotel Wilmina: Have you ever stayed in place that once was a former women's prison from the 19th century? You can try that now in Berlin-Charlottenburg. wilmina.com
- Château Royal: This is a boutique hotel featuring culinary delights. The fish restaurant Dóttir is making a comeback in this place. The chef is Victoria Elíasdóttir, sister of the artist Olafur Elíasson. chateauroyalberlin.com
- Hotel Carolinenhof: This is a small hotel in Wilmersdorf serving breakfast in the hotel's spacious garden. carolinenhof-berlin.de
- Precise Tale Berlin atPotsdamer Platz: In the Bamia and Berta restaurants, guests can experience a sensory journey through fragrant oriental cuisine with a European twist, featuring the masterful creations of Michelin-starred chef Assaf Granit. precisehotels.com/tale-berlin
- The Hoxton: The designer hotel brand is opening a new venue in Charlottenburg in the summer of 2023. thehoxton.com/charlottenburg
- Sly Berlin: This summer, a new luxury hotel is opening in Friedrichshain. The highlight here is the greenhouse in the courtyard and a gym with sauna on the hotel roof. preferredhotels.com/hotels/germany/sly-berlin
- Monbijou Hotel: Enjoy a stylish hotel with a rooftop terrace and views of Berlin Cathedral, Museum Island and the TV Tower. monbijouhotel.com
- 25hours & SO/ Berlin Das Stue & Waldorf Astoria: These are the most beautiful hotels with avant-garde design and views of Berlin Zoo. 25hours-hotels.com; so-berlin-das-stue.com; waldorfastoriaberlin.de
- Provocateur Berlin: This extraordinary designer hotel is for all those who would like to have a taste of the 1920's. provocateur-hotel.com
- Henri Hotel: A retreat in the capital's jungle. This boutique hotel on the glamorous Kurfürstendamm is rich in detail and remarkably different. henri-hotels.com/berlin
- Hotel Oderberger: This neighbourhood hotel with swimming pool was formerly a city pool in Prenzlauer Berg. hotel-oderberger.berlin
- Schlosshotel Berlin by Patrick Hellmann: Turn your fantasy of living like a prince and princess into reality thanks to this romantic luxury hotel in the Grunewald. schlosshotelberlin.com
- Hollywood Media Hotel Berlin: This private film hotel pays homage to film, international stars and unmissable film legends.filmhotel.de
- Arte Luise Kunsthotel: Each room here has its own unique charm. All the rooms in this classical city palace have been designed by an artist. luise-berlin.com
- Planning to go camping in Berlin? That, too, is possible, even in the middle of the city, for instance at the Wohnmobil-Oase near Gesundbrunnen, or at indoor camping at the Hüttenpalast in Kreuzkölln. visitBerlin.de/camping; huettenpalast.de
- The new way of living: In vogue are creative meeting places for Berlin guests, students, Berliners and companies who want to network and work together. Such concepts of co-working and co-living are put into practice by The Social Hub (thesocialhub.co), The Base (jointhebase.co), The Circus (circus-berlin.de), Locke (lockeliving.com) at the East-Side-Gallery, which opens in June featuring a blend of service apartments and boutique hotel.
Europe's cutting-edge hotel landscape is on the rise yet again
Visitors to the German capital can now choose from 723 accommodation facilities ranging from low-cost to high-class with over 142,000 beds. The average duration of stay is 2.4 days. In March, a hotel room costs an average of 113 Euro (+33 % compared to the previous year, +14 % compared to 2019).
Spending public holidays and bridging days in Berlin in May
The month of May is in Germany the busiest holiday month of the year and offers the perfect opportunity for long weekends in springtime in Berlin. For tips on visiting Berlin, please check visitBerlin.deat visitBerlin.de/en/spring-berlin. For hotels with sustainable concepts, click here, and for hotels that are truly out of the ordinary, click here. For an overview of the latest hotels, go to about.visitBerlin.de.